The TB-04R is the “Racing Version” of the popular TB-04 Chassis platform. The kit comes with many of the Hop-Up-Option parts that have been developed to enhance the performance of the car. All the plastic FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Parts) have been replaced with Carbon Reinforced Plastic for superior feel and durability on the race track.
Standard Spec TB-04 VS. TB-04R:
The TB-04 is a 1/10 scale 4WD machine that incorporates a drive-shaft down the center of the chassis to engage the front and rear gearboxes. The differentials inside the gearboxes are newly designed as they utilize a sealed gear differential system whereby the internal gears movement is controlled by different viscosity differential fluids. The TB-04R comes with a Front Direct Coupling (Spool) and the standard rear sealed gear diff unit.
The double-wishbone suspension system on the standard TB-04 utilizes the same "short reversible" type that has been used on the TB-03, TA-05 Version II, TA-06 and the TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) 416 and 417 World Championship machines. The TB-04R is equipped with TRF418/419 suspension components.
The TB-04 also incorporates "IFS" (inboard front suspension) whereby the front shocks are positioned horizontally and low to the chassis, so that low profile sports car body shapes can be accurately reproduced without losing any realistic scale appearance. The TB-04R is equipped with front and rear carbon plate shock towers, but it’s possible to use an IFS set up if desired.
Included Hop-Up Options:
• TRF418 Suspension Arm & Front/Rear Uprights
• TRF Big Bore Dampers x4
• Aluminum Suspension Mounts (1A x2pcs., 1XB, 1D)
• Item 54592 TB-04 Front Direct Coupling
• Rear Gear Differential Unit
• TB-04 Aluminum Steering Arms (L/R, Black)
• Aluminum Turnbuckle Shafts
• Hex Screws
• Lightweight Universal Shaft Set (Rear) x2
• TB-04R Carbon Front/Rear Damper Stays* (designed specifically for this chassis kit)
• Item 54578 06 Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion (25T)
• TB-04 Aluminum Steering Bridge (Black)
• Front Double Cardan Drive Shafts (44mm)
• Full Ball Bearings