The 4x4 German armored car Sd.Kfz.222 was powered by a 80hp Horch V8 engine and came armed with a 20mm gun and a MG34 machine gun. From 1936 to 1943 (including all versions) approximately 990 were manufactured and were eyes of the Panzer divisions as they were mostly used as a reconnaissance vehicle throughout Europe and North Africa.
This set has been built in co-operation with ICM.
A great thing of this model Armored Car which was peculiar to the German Army is the ease of its assembly as well as the accuracy of the body.
Photo-etched parts for the hand grenade protector net and the grille above the engine are included.
One sprue from Tamiya"s 1/48 Panzer III/ IV tank is supplied allowing the modeler to freely add detailing such as the notek light, shovel, and fire extinguisher.
Both the packaging and the instruction manual are Tamiya made.
There are four markings for the North African and Russian front (2 each).