The Tamiya 1/35 Military Miniatures Sturmtiger is a classic kit that has been around for decades. The 1/48 scale version has received all new tooling and further extends the long line-up of kits offered in this smaller scale!
The Sturmtiger was a seldom-seen variant of the Tiger I, using existing chassis and suspension to mount a mammoth 38cm caliber mortar for use against buildings and other fortifications in urban warfare. Only an estimated 18 were ever produced, between August and December 1944, and they were somewhat unwieldy in that they weighed around 65 tons. Nonetheless, they would still have proved a frightening foe to those who encountered them in the Battle of the Bulge, the Warsaw Uprising and the invasion of the German homeland.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The slightly outlandish form of the Sturmtiger is reproduced with accuracy, including the 38cm gun, bulky fighting compartment, lower hull, suspension and link and length assembly type tracks.
• The 38cm caliber barrel is depicted by a molded part with rifling detail on the barrel tip. The gun features elevation/depression and traverse movement.
• Separately-molded parts are used to recreate the right-rear missile loading crane (which moves), right-front machine gun and more. The kit also includes an optional counterweight part.
• Realistic molding includes depictions of cast gun and mantlet surfaces, plus jigsaw hull weld lines.
• 1 standing crew figure is included. Note: Marking options are not included in this kit.
• A Zimmerit coating sheet set (Item 12672) tailored to this model is available separately.