Adding a 4th figure set and new nationality to our popular 1/48 MM Series, this selection
features Russian infantry together with tank crewmen perfect for displaying with the 1/48
Russian T34 tank to recreate Soviet Tank troop assaults.
While sustaining huge losses at the onset of war, the Russian army was able to halt the
German advance just short of Moscow thanks largely to the strength of their tank troops.
Following concentrated artillery fire, tanks advanced in three waves with infantry riding on the
tanks of the 2nd and 3rd waves. Since the Russian Ground Forces did not possess armored
troop carriers like halftracks and universal carriers, so-called Motor Rifle Units were attached
to every tank brigade to provide infantry support. Once encountering an enemys defensive
position, tank riders would disembark, attack the position, and then remount to proceed with
the offensive. These infantrymen spearheaded many attacks, and suffered heavy casualties
from defending fire.
- High quality, detailed 1/48 figures featuring dynamic and realistic poses such as jumping off of tank, charging and towing Maxim machine gun.
- 1 set includes 13 Russian infantry in variety of uniforms, and 2 tank crewmen.
- Uniforms and equipment accurately depict late WWII era Russian soldiers.
- Extremely accurate molding depicts details such as Maxim M1910 machine gun.
- Separate plastic weapons and equipment are included for added realism.