This is a color variation on the creepy crawly centipede robot (original: Item 70230), with body parts molded in clear orange and legs in fluorescent orange.
Like them or loathe them, centipedes are fascinating things, and this enthralling Educational Construction kit is an accurate recreation of a Japanese centipede’s slithering movement. At around 40cm in length and with 9 pairs of legs, this is not only a highly interesting build, it also offers many hours of fun. This product was developed from original research performed by Osaka University in Japan.
• Assembly kit creates a giant plastic centipede that slithers and its way around and over obstacles. Length: 400mm, width: 92mm, height: 40mm (dimensions are approximate). Weight (including batteries): 243g.
• The finished model consists of a head unit and separate body units, gearbox and battery case.
• Approximate speed is 1 meter every 15 seconds.
• The underside of the model is shaped as such that the centipede is automatically routed around obstacles it cannot go over.
• Body sections are molded in clear orange plastic. The number used can be altered.
• Type 130 motor and gears are shared with Tamiya Mini 4WD products, and so can be upgraded using Grade-Up parts.
• Requires two separately sold AAA batteries.