Construction and programming are essential to developing young minds. This TAMIYA construction kit takes Tamiya’s CAM PROGRAM ROBOT to the next level with its first product in the new Programming Robot Series. The kit includes a BBC micro:bit computer which controls the model when it is finished, and can even be modified with your own unique program. The possibilities are endless, not least for STEM work with those studying the application of programming in the classroom.
• Assembly kit: It creates a crawler robot that runs using a BBC micro:bit microcomputer, ultrasonic sensor and motor driver circuit.
• The robot is an assembly kit model, with a design based upon the popular Tamiya Cam-Program Robot (Item 70227). NOTE: This robot does not run on cams, and they are not included.
• When the ultrasonic sensor identifies an obstacle ahead, it transmits that information to the BBC micro:bit, which uses a pre-installed program to give the motors commands to avoid the obstacle.
• Different programs are available on the Tamiya website allowing the programming of a separately sold BBC micro:bit as a remote controller.
• BBC micro:bits can also be coded with original programs via a personal computer.
• For more information on micro:bits: Visit micro:bit!
• Requires: Two AA batteries (sold separately).