The track volunteers will prepare the track surface by blowing off debris from the track each Saturday morning. The
track volunteers will also determine the tracks course layout and traffic direction prior to the 10:00 a.m. opening.
Remember, there is no cost at all for driving at Tamiya America's R&D test facility. The only thing we ask is that you drive a
Tamiya vehicle. No other brands of vehicles are
permitted. The use of other brand tires, bodies, batteries etc. is allowed. Tamiya only asks that the basic car be a
When driving on the track make sure to keep your vehicle under control and observe the following basic rules of the road.
1. Make sure to drive in the direction of the day. Some Saturdays the track runs clockwise and others it runs counter clockwise. This is done to mix things up a bit and to give drivers practice in both directions. The
track volunteers always announce the direction prior to the 10 a.m. opening.
2. You must drive from the drivers stand.
3. Keep your car under control. Practice smooth control.
4. Do not stop in the middle of the track. If a problem arises be sure to pull off the driving line and out of the way of the flow of traffic.
5. If you are stuck on the track somewhere or your car is upside down be sure to
warn your fellow drivers on the drivers stand by vocally calling out where the incident is. I.E. if your car is upside down in the sweeper section call out "upside down car in the sweeper section" or "dead car on the straight away" Calling out incidents like this will prevent unnecessary collisions or accidents.
6. Never stop in the high speed straight away. Always pull your car off from the track in the pit row area.
7. If a car is lapping the track at a higher pace than yours make way by moving over a foot or two to let the faster car go by.
Slower cars need not stop to give way as all that is needed is a foot or two for a faster car to cruise by.
8. Never turn on your radio or car on unless you have the correct frequency
clip. If you have a 2.4 GHz equipped radio it's OK to turn on your radio at any time.
9. If your vehicle is equipped with reverse, only use it when it's absolutely safe from oncoming traffic.
10. If parts come off your car and spill onto the track due to an accident please make sure it's
safe to walk on the track before retrieving them. Watch for approaching cars at all times.
With the above rules and guidelines being observed by all our guests we can insure a fun and safe experience. For our new guests we know that it can be intimidating being the new guy at the track with little to no experience. Please feel free to introduce yourselves to the track volunteers and to the people who frequent the track. We promise they don't bite and they are more than happy to teach you the ropes.