This modern Tamiya classic, originally released in 2005, has been updated with plastic road wheel parts in place of the original's die-cast components.
The Leclerc featured a 4-stroke V8 diesel allowing a top speed of 72km/h on road and 50km/h cross country, and was equipped with a French-built 120mm, L/52 smoothbore cannon. Series 2 tanks had an air conditioner to cool the computer system as well as several other improvements.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 306mm.
• The Leclerc is captured with exceptional detail, including Series 2 specific smoke dischargers, stowage boxes, short and long snorkels, and air conditioning unit.
• French developed 120mm smoothbore gun with thermal sleeve is accurately reproduced.
• Clear parts recreate headlights, taillights and periscope lenses.
• Rear hull includes finely detailed engine grille and surface imperfections reproducing the non-slip finish of the actual tank. Other details include tow cable, external fuel tank, fuel tank pipe stay and fuel tank stays.
• Commander's post features rotating sight and a commander figure.
• Features 4 marking options, three in the 3-color NATO camouflage, and one in desert colors.
• Compatible with Item 35280, a dedicated photo-etched parts set for the Tamiya 1/35 Leclerc Series 2