While our 1/48 MM Series has already reached more than 30 items, it is useful to recall that the
first item, the Kubelwagen, was mainly designed for displaying alongside aircraft models. Also,
the Citroen 11CV we released last year was a really hot seller, indicating that there is a strong
demand for military miniature models that can be combined with 1/48 scale airplane kits.
This kit is perfectly suited to displaying alongside aircraft models, as it features a WWII German
Kettenkraftrad with a power supply unit used with Luftwaffe airplanes. The set also includes two
engineer figures that may be posed charging an aircraft battery. Many photos from wartime
Germany show the power supply unit installed in a two-wheeled cart that could be easily towed.
The Kettenkraftrad was a unique half-track motorcycle that was used for a variety of purposes,
including towing and servicing aircraft.
- Detailed 1/48 assembly model of the German Kettenkraftrad w/Aircraft Power Supply Unit.
- Choice of open or closed unit cover allowing display of fully detailed generator interior.
- Comes with 2 engineer figures.
- Includes tool box, fire extinguisher and drum with pump as accessories for still more diorama
- Ideal for combination with Tamiya 1/48 scale aircraft.
(recommended for use with Item 61095 1/48 Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-8/A-8 R2)