This fully finished and marked model depicts the early production M4A1 Sherman, which features
cast type hull with distinctive rounded body lines. Olive Drab/Red Brown camouflage coloring
depicts tank belonging to the 1st Armored Division, nicknamed Old Ironsides, which was the
first US tank division to see combat in World War II.
With approximately 50,000 units produced during WWII, the U.S. Armys series of M4 Sherman
tanks were one of the driving forces behind Allied victory. Designed for efficient mass production
and including room for future modifications, the M4 series boasted superior ground performance
with excellent reliability. Amongst the many variants produced, the M4A1 model featured a cast
upper hull and cast turret mounting a 75mm gun. The A1s cast upper hull gave it distinctive
rounded edges, providing a sharp contrast with the angular lines of the welded hull M4 Sherman
- Fully assembled 1/48 scale late version U.S. M4A1 Sherman Tank
- Die-cast lower hull adds weight and realism.
- Use of weathering effect gives tank ultra-realistic appearance.
- Paint scheme:Olive drab base with red brown camouflage.
- Realistic markings depict Tank No.12, of the 13th Tank Bn., 1st Armored Division Old Ironsides.
- Includes special display base with nameplate.